Monday, February 18, 2013

How's your Android smartphone battery life?

Do you own an Android-powered smartphone ortablet? If so, how's your battery life?

I ask because based on what I've heard from others and experienced myself, it's atrocious. And I'm wondering if it's symptomatic of the Android platform as a whole, or just the nature of modern-day mobile gear. Cast your vote in our poll, then meet me below for more discussion.

As I noted in a recent BNET post,"The dirty Android secret no one's talking about," I first encountered battery issues with the Virgin Mobile Samsung Intercept. Out of the box, it couldn't last 24 hourseven with e-mail sync and other battery-consuming tasks disabled.

Rather, I'd start the day with it fully charged, and by late afternoon it would be dead. Thankfully,freeware app JuiceDefender made a huge difference, allowing me to go a full two days without AC assistance.

Then I updated the OS from 2.1 to 2.2 (Froyo), which I'd heard was much better at power managementand battery life actually got worse. Now, once again, I'm lucky Dell vostro 1510 battery,Dell xps m1330 laptop battery to get 24 hours.

Last week I had the opportunity toreview Samsung's Galaxy Tab Wi-Fi, which I found to be excellent overalluntil the next morning, when I woke up towait for ita dead tablet. The aforementioned JuiceDefender helps a little, but ultimately the Tab is seriously hobbled by its battery. And I am seriously disappointed.

Or perhaps I'm just spoiled. See, myiPad is the Energizer Bunny of tablets. I can easily go a week without charging it, including a few days when I don't even pick it up. It doesn't just sit there consuming power when it's off, which obviously the Galaxy Tab does.

Likewise, myiPhone 4 seems to sip juice, not guzzle it. I may see low-battery warnings after two days off the charger, but I very rarely pick it up and find it to be dead.

So those are my experiences. Now let's hear yours. Does your Android phone or tablet have disappointing battery life? Or are you just accustomed to plugging it in at night, no big deal? Heck, maybe your device hums along for days without needing a recharge Dell latitude d820 battery,Dell gd761 battery. Whatever the case, tell me about it in the comments!

Laptop batteries are crucial when working on the road. To get maximum performance from yourlaptop battery, fully optimize the laptop's power management features prior to use. However, there is a trade off when setting your laptop power management. You will achieve better power conservation in exchange for lesser computing performance. The power management system conserves thelaptop batteries power by setting the processor to run at a slower speed, dimming the laptop screen, slowing down the hard drive when it's not in use and causing the machine to go into sleep or suspend mode when it is inactive. Your laptop user's guide will provide information relating to specific power management features.





iAutoblog the premier autoblogger software

No comments:

Post a Comment